Here are a number of publicly available data sets that staff can use to answer queries.
- Student Load
Top tip: Read the Notes on the Data / Help / FAQ sections
Data included in the Higher Education Statistics Collection relate to:
- courses provided by higher education institutions;
- numbers and characteristics of students undertaking courses;
- student load;
- completion of units of study and courses;
- student liability status;
- numbers and characteristics of staff in higher education institutions;
- income and expenditure for higher education institutions;
- research activity; and
- undergraduate applications, offers and acceptances
Top tip: Read the Contents and Footnotes
The GO8 Dashboard presents benchmarking data about member institutions of the GO8 research-intensive Australian universities. This information is based on data held in various Federal Government collections, or provided annually by member universities in the case of the most recent years of data.
Specifically, the GO8 Dashboard presents data on:
- Student load and load funding drawn from the Federal Government Student collection
- Staffing levels, functions and classifications and some demographics drawn from the Federal Government Staff collection
- Research activity, including income, publications, higher degree student load and completions drawn from annual HERDC submissions
- Financial data on University Revenue sources as submitted to the Federal Government in annual financial statements. Note that the $ per EFTSL data is drawn from data two independent sources and the results should be interpreted with caution
- Course Experience Questionnaire data by Field of Education, drawn from the Graduate Careers Australia data by ASCED Field code (unadjusted data)
If you have any questions about the Go8 Executive Dashboard please contact the UQ Planning and Business Intelligence Office via email email@example.com.
Top tip: Remember some universities like Monash have large offshore operations. Be aware of whether or not these are in scope when you are benchmarking.
The Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website helps you compare study experience & employment data from Australian higher education institutions.
Top tip: Differences can reflect geographic location, research intensity, student demographics, discipline area, undergraduate versus postgraduate, distance education versus on-campus, etc.
Grattan Institute - Mapping Australian higher education 2018
A helpful introduction to the Australian higher education landscape.
Australian Education International
The AEI website provides data, research and analysis on many aspects of international education in Australia and globally.
Top tip: The Data and Research tab provides useful international student enrolment data and summaries.
Audit Office of New South Wales
Provides useful information across the higher education sector in NSW - usually published in May each year.